Those of you looking to get back into traveling to in-person WordPress events are in luck as WordCamp Birmingham, Alabama is officially on the schedule. The event is set to take place February 4th-5th at the Sidewalk Film Center and Cinema in Downtown Birmingham. Organizers are looking for speakers, sponsors, and volunteers.
General admission tickets are available for $50 and include the following:
- Admission to all sessions on Friday and Saturday.
- Lunch on both days.
- A limited edition WP Y’all 2022 T-shirt (if your ticket is purchased by January 7, 2022).
- A Happiness Bar — our version of a help desk, open both afternoons during the event so you can get help with your site and get your questions answered.
- Coffee and water throughout the entire event.
- Awesome WordCamp Birmingham swag
- An opportunity to network with and meet sponsors, speakers, and other WordPress community members, including business owners, designers, developers, agency owners, bloggers, copywriters, freelancers, site owners, and more.
- Admission to the after party on Friday evening.
In addition to General Admission tickets, there will also be Community Sponsor Tickets for $150 that include everything described above and are provided as a way to financially give back to the WordPress community. Ticket sales will finalize on January 10th and are non-refundable, however, they can be transferred to someone else.
I hear Birmingham, AL is pretty nice at that time of the year. If you go, make sure to check out a BBQ joint that uses white sauce. Also, make sure to say hi to Justin Tadlock for me.